It's tax season again! As of January 30, 2017, we have copies of the state and federal basic forms: Wisconsin Form 1, 1A, WI-Z, rent certificate and Homestead forms and instruction books; and federal 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ forms and instruction books.
We can also assist you in finding the form you need online. Please don't hesitate to stop by and ask. The cost to print most forms and instructions is 10 cents per page.
The Mercer Library is beginning a new event series called “Community Chats,” where we invite a representative from one of our local service agencies to talk about what they do for the community. This is your chance to visit with town and county officials, ask questions, and learn more about the many services available to our residents.
Chats will be held on Fridays at 9:30 a.m. We’ll provide the coffee and snacks!
- October 14, 2016: Judge Patrick Madden, Iron County judicial court
- December 2, 2016: Zona Wick, Iron County Health Department
- November 4, 2016: Mark Marczak, Aging Unit of Iron County
- January 6, 2017: Eric Nasi, Iron County Veterans Services
- February 10, 2017: Heather Palmquist, Iron County Land and Water Conservation (Please note the changed date.)
- March 3, 2017: Sheriff Tony Furyk
- April 7, 2017: Neil Klemme, Department head, Iron County UW-Extension
- May 12, 2017: Jodi Fox Engleman, Nicolet College Continuing Education and Outdoor Adventure program (Please note the changed date.)
- June 2, 2017: to be announced
- July 7, 2017: Margaret Meno, Mercer post office
Job Seeker is a collection of free resources, recommended by Wisconsin public libraries, to help build skills and find jobs. The site includes information about available jobs, including job posting websites, government job sites and local job seeker services. It also includes information on job hunting, writing cover letters, interviewing, writing resumes, and training programs. Check it out!
There are several ways you can keep in touch with what's happening at your library. Pick what works best for you, or sign up for them all!
Monthly Email Newsletters: We generally send out one newsletter a month sharing all of our upcoming events and other news. Click here to sign up for e-newsletters.
Follow us on Facebook: Get up-to-the-minute news, events, and announcements on our Facebook Page.
Text reminders: Get a text reminding you of upcoming Mercer Library events about a day before they happen. Click here to sign up or text @mercerpl to 81010. (Standard messaging rates may apply.)
Mercer Public Library - 2648W Margaret Street, Mercer, WI 54547 - 715-476-2366 Voice or FAX
It's winter in Wisconsin! The Mercer Library may be closed when Mercer School is closed due to poor weather, or may open late to give our staff time to get to work safely. Please give us a call at (715)476-2366 to make sure we're here before you drive out!
If you shop at Amazon.com here's how you can support the library at the same time. Visit Amazon Smile to tell Amazon that you want to support Friends of the Mercer Public Library. Then, every time you shop at Amazon Smile, a portion of the proceeds will benefit your library. It's that easy!