Our annual Friends of the Library Fall Celebration will be on Saturday, September 30th from 5:00 to 8:30pm. Join us for food, music, wine, and fun!
This popular event includes a full Italian dinner with three entrees, wine and beer, live music with Steve Swalve, our traditional Book Basket raffles, silent auctions, and a live auction with our entertaining auctioneer, Scott Hueckman of Hueckman Auction and Sales.
The Book Basket raffle features six gift baskets each themed around a book. Tickets are just $1 each or 6 for $5, and will be available at the library beginning on September 18. Stop by to get a preview of the baskets and get your tickets early. You do not need to be present to win the Book Basket raffle, so if you can't attend the celebration this is a great way to still support the event.
Tickets for the event are available now at the library for $20 per person. They'll be $25 at the door, but don't delay as this event often sells out! Your ticket includes dinner, dessert, one glass of wine or beer, and entertainment. The Friends will also have a small surprise to celebrate 20 years of fall celebrations, 1997-2017.
Items donated for the live and silent auctions include:
- Handmade quilt - Chris Nehring, Mercer Dental
- "Grace" American Girl doll - Mary Warren and Steve Ramsey
- Loon photo - Gary Theisen
- Half-hour airplane ride - Lauer Aviation
- Wood burning on slaw board - Rose King
- Stormy Kromer Trapper Hat - Jacquarts Fabric Products
- Gift Certificate to Beaver's Resort
- Necklaces - Odonata
- Hand made picture frame - Julia Thiede
- Set of bowls - Gary Theisen
- Cork bird house - Jerry Schaefer
- "Old barn" painting - Dorothy Schaefer
- Wrought-iron coat rack - Jeff Corullo
- Fashion ensemble - Aunt Esther's Attic
- Visa gift cards - Iron County Credit Union
- Paddle board rental - Coontail Sports
- Gift certificates - Around the Corner Pub
- Collector plates, David Maass prints, Al Schenwinski print - Pat Pape
- Signed Packer football in case - Kay Cornwell
- Gift certificates - Ding-A-Ling Supper Club
- Gift certificates - Fe University
- "Spruce Dreams" original pastel painting - Terry Daulton
- Margarita mix - Loons Nest Motel
- Wool blanket with Stormy Kromer fabric - Marlene and Dick Garrigues
- Three-pound rum cake - Geem-pa-la Kitchens
- Handmade necklace, bracelet, and earrings - Nancy Doxsee
- Packer basket and books - Linn and Chelley Beck
- Longaberger baskets - Linn and Chelley Beck
- "My Girl" rose bush - Clearview Nursery
- Dog sled lessons - Two Moons Kennel, MJ Slone
- Gift certificates - Cranberry Inn
- Gift certificates - Whimsies
- Painting - Judie Wilson
- Department 56 Village piece - Sandy Leidenheimer
- $100 worth of LED Light Bulbs, custom ordered - Williams Electric
- Golf shirt, hat, and buy-one, get-one certificates - Tahoe Lynx Golf Course
- Gift certificate - Dano's Tree Service
- Gift certificates - Northwoods Pet Nanny, Julie Lundquist
- Gift certificate - Rugger's Landing
- Four round-trip airline ticket vouchers - Air Choice One
- Copper Peak Adventure Ride tickets - Copper Peak, Ironwood, Michigan
- More donations being added every day!
We are still seeking items for the live and silent auctions. If you or your business would like to donate an item or service to be auctioned, please give us a call at 715-476-2366. Stay tuned for more details about specific items available in the auctions as we get closer to the event, as well as a list of the local businesses and individuals who have generously contributed those items.
All proceeds from the Fall Celebration will go to the Friends of the Mercer Public Library, who support programs, furnishings, equipment, and much more for our library. In recent years they have contributed new projection equipment for the Mercer Community Center, our landscaping and gardens, furniture, special items for checkout including our telescope, our soon-to-be-installed solar energy system, and much more. Thank you to all of you who support our Friends of the Library.