The Mercer Public Library Reading Room and Friends of the Library Room are available to reserve for use by individuals or organized groups in the library service area. To reserve, call the library at 715-476-2366.
Seating is limited in the library's meeting space. For larger groups, consider using the Mercer Community Center, which is connected to the library. Reservations for the Community Center are handled by the Mercer Town Clerk.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the library staff, the Mercer Public Library Board of Trustees, or the Town of Mercer.
- There is no charge for the use of the Reading Room or Friends Room. Donations are gratefully accepted.
- The room may be reserved up to ninety (90) days in advance.
- Library programming will have first priority in room use.
- Groups/individuals may not charge an admission fee for anyone attending an activity held in the library's meeting rooms.
- Refreshments may be served in the Reading Room or the Friends Room, but not in the main library.
- Smoking is not allowed in the library.
- Groups/individuals using the room shall leave it in a neat, clean, and orderly condition. If not, they will be given notice that continued offense will result in denied access to the Reading Room and Friends Room.
- The library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing, or other items brought to the library by any group or individual to attend an activity.
- The Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups or individuals attending an activity in the library.
The Library Director shall accept reservations for the available rooms and ensure that reservations meet the criteria in this policy. A group or individual denied a reservation by the Library Director may appeal that decision to the Library Board.
Revised April 10, 2013