Librarian Teresa Schmidt will be on hand to answer your technology questions on most Tuesdays from 1 to 3 pm. Stumped by Windows 8? Wondering what to do about Windows 10? Can't figure out how to download free library books to your iPad? Need help navigating your smartphone? Bring in your gadgets and your questions and we'll try to find the answers together.
November 2016 Tech Tuesdays: November 1, 8, 15, and 29 at 1:00 -3:00 p.m.
Photo by Vernon Chan used under Creative Commons license.
From September through May the Mercer Library book club meets once a month, generally on the second Thursday of the month at 1:00pm, for an informal discussion of each month's title. There are no requirements, and this is a relaxed and friendly group. New members are always welcome! To borrow a copy of the current title from the library, give us a call at (715)476-2366 or visit our online catalog at http://merlin.nwls.lib.wi.us.
Upcoming Book Club titles:
October 13, 2016 - Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson
November 17, 2016 - The Boys in the Boat: nine Americans and their epic quest for gold at the 1936 Olympics by Daniel Brown
December 8, 2016: Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk by Ben Fountain
January 12, 2017: The Sandcastle Girls by Chris Bohjalian
February 9, 2017: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
March 9, 2017: One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus
April 13, 2017: The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
May 11, 2017: Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterley
June 8, 2017: Wonder by R.J. Palacio
The Mercer Library is beginning a new event series called “Community Chats,” where we invite a representative from one of our local service agencies to talk about what they do for the community. This is your chance to visit with town and county officials, ask questions, and learn more about the many services available to our residents.
Chats will be held on Fridays at 9:30 a.m. We’ll provide the coffee and snacks!
- October 14, 2016: Judge Patrick Madden, Iron County judicial court
- December 2, 2016: Zona Wick, Iron County Health Department
- November 4, 2016: Mark Marczak, Aging Unit of Iron County
- January 6, 2017: Eric Nasi, Iron County Veterans Services
- February 10, 2017: Heather Palmquist, Iron County Land and Water Conservation (Please note the changed date.)
- March 3, 2017: Sheriff Tony Furyk
- April 7, 2017: Neil Klemme, Department head, Iron County UW-Extension
- May 12, 2017: Jodi Fox Engleman, Nicolet College Continuing Education and Outdoor Adventure program (Please note the changed date.)
- June 2, 2017: Dana Baumgartner, EMS and Fire Service specialist at Nicolet College, along with local fire and EMS volunteers to discuss information on our local departments
- July 7, 2017: Margaret Meno, Mercer post office