The Mercer Library is part of the Merlin network of libraries, and can easily order any items in the Merlin Catalog to be delivered for our patrons. For items not found in the Merlin catalog, interlibrary loan services are available. Items can often be obtained through WisCat - the catalog of public and academic libraries in Wisconsin. As with any library service, there is no charge for interlibrary loan. Contact the library director for more information.
The Mercer Library will also provide reference services free of charge to any patron.
Reference Service Policy
The Mercer Public Library:
- will provide information in the form of short answers to specific questions and guidance in locating material for patrons who appear in person, call on the telephone, or request information through email or correspondence.
- will assist patrons in the use of the Library and teach basic research methodology when appropriate. This includes providing help in developing a research strategy and advice on whether a trip to the Library would be worthwhile for individuals who telephone.
- will provide bibliographic verification of items both in the Library and not owned by the Library, and will assist patrons in obtaining materials through interlibrary loan when appropriate.
- may refer library users to other agencies and libraries in pursuit of needed information.
- may use not only the Library’s resources in printed form, but consult appropriate digital resources as well as the regional resource library and other agencies by telephone in pursuit of “ready reference” information.