The Merlin catalog is the catalog of the Northern Waters Library Service. Here you will find items from the 30+ libraries in the NWLS service area. Books, CDs, DVDs, videos, books on tape and CD, and more can be ordered from any library in the system, and items will be delivered to the library of your choice for you to pick up at your convenience. The online catalog can also be used to view and renew items you currently have checked out.
Simple Word Search: Type key words in the Quick Search form.
Advanced Search Form: Use the Advanced Search form to easily narrow your search.
- Log into your record and click "Items currently checked out"
- Check the boxes of the materials you want to renew. Click the Renew Selected button.
- To renew everything, click the Renew ALL button.
- Check the "Status" column for new due dates. A message will appear if items cannot be renewed.
- Before conducting a search, log into your account by typing your name and card number.
- Once you find an item to request, click on the title to display the full record.
- Select the "Request" button at the top of the screen.
- Choose from the drop-down menu where you'd like to pick up the item. Qualified Mail-A-Book patrons who need items mailed choose Northern Waters.
- Click on "Submit". You will be notified when the item arrives at the library.
For more information on using the Merlin online catalog, see the Merlin Help Center.