The Reading Room is available as meeting space for individuals or organized groups in the Library service area. Exceptions may be made by the Library Board if the Board deems extenuating circumstances are involved. Contact the librarian to schedule use of the room.
Seating is limited in the Reading Room. For larger groups, consider using the Mercer Community Center, which is connected to the library. Reservations for the Community Center are handled by the Mercer Town Clerk.
The fact that a group is permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the Library staff or the Board.
- The Reading Room may be reserved no more than ninety (90) days in advance.
- Library programming will have first priority in room use.
- There will be no charge for use of the reading room.
- No admission may be charged by the group.
- Refreshments may be served (only in reading room) and shall be provided by the group.
- No smoking is allowed in this room or anywhere in the library or community center.
- People using the room shall leave it in a neat, clean, orderly condition. If not, the group or individual will be given notice that continued offense will result in denied access to the reading room.
- The Library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing, or other items brought to the Library by any group or individual to attend a meeting.
- The Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups or individuals attending a meeting in the Library